Saturday, May 16, 2015

Waiting is excruciatingly painful.

Yup, totally google-checked that word before I posted.

So, waiting. Currently waiting for the offer that may or may not change my life for the next 3 years. My bet is on I will cry and going haywire a lot more in the next 3 years than I've ever been in the past. Honestly, I still think I didn't deserve this, urm rezeki. But, more on that later.

So I also realized if I sleep early (and in my dictionary early is around 12am-ish), I will wake up not 5 hour later. So here I am, 3 in the morning, going about in my laptop trying to make myself sleepy again (which looks highly unlikely).

Then it occurs to me, why don't I google myself?! Lol okay I sounded vain, but lately I've been thinking a lot about deleting my urm prints(?) on the internet. You know, I think it's time. It's difficult, I expected that but I'm just curious as to what extend my prints are on the internet.

So there they are, on the very first page of my search result, my Facebook and my LinkedIn profile as well as my ResearchGate profile. Okay. Not looking so bad. Also apparently there A LOT of people named Azira Ishak. K.

On to the next page. My oh my, my Myspace profile! Oh you know, it's only my most embarrassing profile I've ever created! >.< To be quite frank, I never really understand Myspace before. It's too all over the place for this young mind to comprehend lol. So I go and get out of bed because I can't seems to do it on the phone and recover my password and it was obviously linked to that super embarrassing email address that I created in high school (it makes me cringe whenever I typed that hahaha) and go on to delete the account. But not before I look around to see what I've been up to here haha. Mostly photos of me and friends from back in Maktab lol. Okay nothing to see here anymore. Delete account. Done and dusted. Phew.

On to the next page of the search result. Bunch of other Aziras and then, I saw my tweets! I mean, it's been a while since I deactivated my twitter account (it's a whole different story of that maybe I get back to it when I'm ready), but why is it still there?! Totally freaked me out a bit so I clicked on the link and go on to the next page. A few more of my tweets! But I was a bit relieved when the link is not live. But still, people can still read what I wrote just from the search page. Not good, okay. So I went on googling about how to make the search results disappear and apparently it was about how Google may not have updated their urm (I totally forgot about the exact fancy terms) search index (or something) and yeah so please do Google if you want to know more.

WAIT. I just realized my title is about waiting and I'm totally about to write a different thing at first! I have an attention span of a unicorn (it didn't exist!) -.-"

Okay gotta go kinda sleepy so suddenly so till then!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Azira, I came across your blog and I enjoyed reading your amazing stories. Interested to collaborate? Email me at nurul.aini@zalora.com.my. I couldn't find your email so I am leaving a comment to u. Hope to hear soon. Thanks! Ps: this is NOT a spam yah haha :)