Monday, May 30, 2016

Is there such thing as quarter-life crisis?

Cause I think I'm having them now. 

I turned 25 years old last Sunday. There were no big celebration or anything, I just spent the day with my close friends and that was enough for me. I was happy with that. I even turned off the Facebook notification because I don't want random people to keep wishing me randomly (assuming there are people bothered to do so lol).

I have been saying this for few times to my close friends, that I think I've becoming an introvert. Which of course, that was met with snide laughter and a very enthusiastic NO with a lot of evidence showing otherwise. I mean yeah, I still get E (for Extrovert) every time I did the personality test but deep down I know I no longer it. I no longer wanna meet a lot of people, I hate going to gatherings (unless I organised them) and I would prefer people not to talk to me.

But yes, I can't go on for more than 2 days just by myself. I enjoy solitude but one time I was by myself the whole weekend and by Sunday evening I realized I started talking to myself in front of the mirror. Not the normal talking, I was trying to have a conversation with my reflection and got frustrated because I already know what the reflection would reply, like duh. Not a fun conversation, to be honest (we were talking what I should get at pasar malam).

I enjoyed being in the middle of a group's conversation or gathering, as long as they're my people. I feel like I don't wanna meet or get to know new people. Is that okay? :|

I used to think I'm actually a good friend, honestly. My friends are lucky to have me HAHAHA. Used. I no longer think that. And truthfully, I am okay with that, I don't feel like changing that anymore. I've changed a lot, obviously. And not all are positive changes, I admit. I used to strive to be a perfect person, who can make everyone happy and love me. And now I'm like, as long as you don't cross me, then we're good.

My decision now is more me-centered. I still do things for others, but now I'd like to do things for me more. Put me on the first list of people I need to consider before making any decision, never let people disregard me whenever anything that concerns me is transpiring. That sort of things (though sometimes it won't work that way).

Of course, that didn't always happen. In my process of treating myself better, I lost a friend. It was my fault, of course. I was always the childish one. I know friendship is all about tolerating each other but the thing is, I don't want to know that part. The tolerating part. Let's do it on our own terms. We are all tolerating each other in this world, trust me

But above all, I don't wanna keep it against my friends to keep tolerating me just because we were friends for years now and it would be a waste to end the friendship. It doesn't sit well with me to ask them to tolerate the changed me, and for me to keep apologizing every time it happen. I don't wanna do that to myself. I am still trying to understand me. My changes may not be for the better (for others) but I like it this way. 

WAIT THAT IS NOT WHAT I MEANT TO WRITE TODAY!

Meh. Okay I'll probably talk about my quarter life crisis some other times.

Goodbye for now!

No comments: